Maritech is seeking Senior Consultants for their Halifax and Seattle locations
Senior Software Consultant – Dynamics NAV environment
Maritech is an international company that specializes in delivering seafood industry-specific software systems. We are recognized as a leading partner in developing end-to-end traceability and business software for many of the largest and most prominent seafood organizations in the industry. Our goal is to provide seafood enterprises of all shapes and sizes the tools and resources they need to increase profitability and streamline business processes while keeping pace with an increasingly demanding regulatory environment.
We have two immediate openings for Senior Consultants, based in either our Halifax, NS office or our Seattle, WA office. This is a very exciting opportunity for software professionals looking for a new career opportunity. We are looking for staff that thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment, and enjoy being a member of a close-knit team that is dedicated to delivering the best possible service to our clients. Successful candidates will be given an opportunity to learn new skills and advance within the organization, as we focus our business on delivering new vertical solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide business and application consulting services to new and existing clients.
- Manage customer’s implementations for the full life cycle of their project, from design to execution to customer support.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with clients to understand and document their unique business needs
- Assist clients with set up of the software, from their Chart of Accounts to inventory and production processes.
- Implement various BI strategies that solve the customer's needs.
- Maintain a strong utilization number by seeking work within customer base when not billing
- Maintain strong knowledge of industry trends, advancements in technology, and Microsoft’s product offerings and enhancements
- Set aside time for self-development by attending training or self-learning on key subjects
- Provide pre-sales assistance and assist the sales team to ensure clear client expectations for delivery
- Perform product demonstrations to business and technical audiences
The ideal candidate with have industry knowledge in the seafood sector or some other food-related production environment with a strong background in working with financials, BI, and ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology and a minimum of 5 year's experience with ERP products.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (minimum 2 years)
- Experience with BI products is required.
- Project Management experience (PMP certification preferred)
- Professional accounting designation preferred
- Experience following a formal implementation methodology
- Ability to work primarily independently and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Strong presentation, communication, and planning skills.
- Ability to travel to customer sites when requested
- Ability to work collaboratively for the best interests of the business and the team.
- Experience in the Seafood Industry would be an asset
If interested, please send a resume and brief cover letter to: