AT A GLANCE
- Better control over the claim process with a built-in workflow to ensure timely and correct procedures throughout all stages of a claim.
- Reduce losses due to late notification processing.
- Claims Registration is tied to invoice numbers for seamless trace back to the original sale. All sales orders are made available in the Claims system, which is integrated with MARITECH Trading.
- Claims Registrations can include cause/reason, responsible party, internal notes, and the possibility of uploading photographs as proof of damages.
- Clarify the distribution of responsibilities and costs.
- Provides a good overview of all complaints and claims for profitability analysis and process improvement investigation.
- Analyze which actors cause the most claims, and for what reason. For example, one logistics provider may be found to generate over 80% of the quality claims due to inefficient handling of cold goods. Transfer points, e.g. chiller/freezer to cold store, factory to distribution vehicle, retail cabinets to consumers’ refrigerators, are well known problem areas.
ELECTRONICALLY COLLABORATE WITH NETWORKS OF KEY SUPPLIERS, CUSTOMERS, TRANSPORTERS, AND SUPPLY-CHAIN LOGISTICS PROVIDERS
As competition becomes more global and intensive, logistics innovation is expanding from the company level to a supply-chain perspective. Competitive advantages are now being realized as value chain players synchronize their logistics activities. The top 20% of performers in total landed cost and on-time, on-quality shipments are most likely to have invested in a logistics network strategy — such as the capability to electronically collaborate with networks of key suppliers, customers, transporters, and supply chain logistics providers. These successful strategies are supported by performance measurement metrics, information technology (IT) system standards and supplier relationship management practices.
MARITECH’S Claims Management system enables web-based interaction between vendors, customers, suppliers, and transporters. As a complete and collaborative claims management system, you will not only achieve better and more timely control over quality complaints and damaged shipments, you can implement key performance indicator analysis (KPI’s) to identify consistently under-performing elements of your supply chain to help significantly reduce claims throughout your distribution network.
"The top 20% of performers in total landed cost and on-time, on-quality shipments are most likely to have invested in a logistics network strategy — such as the capability to electronically collaborate with networks of key suppliers, customers, transporters, and supply chain logistics providers."