Automation & Barcoding
SCALES, SCANNERS, LABELLING, BARCODING
For raw and in-process inventories, accurate inventory data enables managers to monitor stock levels, quality holds, quarantine, and shrinkage conditions. An ongoing challenge for seafood companies is collecting data off the plant floor regarding material movement, usage, and production. Here, the temperature extremes and general wet environment associated with seafood production make traditional keyed data entry methods difficult. In addition, many transactions require before and after measurements recorded from different scales using containers of various tare weights. Therefore, effective software solutions should include carefully selected data control points and integration with data-collection mechanisms:
- On the floor, such as direct connections to scales, touch screens, and bar-coding.
- Scales (Marel, Digi, Scanvaegt, Mettler Toledo, Rice Lake, etc.) through serial or TCP / IP ports
- Scanners (Symbol and Intermec) through USB, keyboard wedge, or serial port.
- Barcode printers – (Zebra, Intermec, Toshiba, etc.)
- Scan inventory and directly update the database
Gather real-time production floor data and instantly update the master database
- Streamlined data collection process through barcoding and machine interfaces
- Accuracy of inventory at all levels, including raw material usage and yield
- Ensured end-to-end traceability
- Elimination of manual data entry errors and omissions
- Real-time production reporting to ERP system
- Visibility of product available-to-ship for sales staff and for manufacturing planning and scheduling
- Fast and easy creation of current day’s production orders
- Touch based navigation screen with configurable menus
- Multilingual setup both on systems and labels
- Flexible reporting capabilities; on boxes, pallets and shipment documentation (waybill)
- Electronic transfer of packing data, either internally or to 3rd party
- Customer order management on item level
- Inventory control features (goods receipt, stock level and goods issue)
- Registration of consumer units including weight and price information
- Freedom - Our Peripherals applications can work with hardware from various vendors so, when it is time to upgrade plant hardware, you are not forced to purchase from one particular hardware vendor but are instead free to choose the most cost effective option.
- Improved traceability and yield accuracy – trace by the production day/shift as well as back to the fishing trip/farm harvest for each box or bin that is created, all the way through to final sale.
- Less data entry - data doesn’t need to be keyed in or entered in multiple systems, reducing the time spent entering data and data entry errors.
- Flexibility - wireless handheld applications can work with wireless scanners, enhanced by the standard Peripherals functionality which was designed to work on a factory touch screen terminal.